Belize & Guatemala
As you travel through the Guatemalan highlands and explore the ancient ruins of Tikal and Yaxha, you’ll experience the dramatic environments for which each country is known, learning cultural traditions from the people whose lives unfold there.
Day 1: Travel day
Welcome to Guatemala! After you arrive in Guatemala City, travel to your hotel in Antigua and get settled in.
Lake Atitlán Region
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of the Lake Atitlán Region
Travel to the Lake Atitlán Region to explore its small towns and villages on today’s guided tour.
- Barter with merchants at the famous Chichicastenango market
- Explore Panajachel’s beautiful lakeshores and artisan markets
- Speed through the streets in a tuk-tuk, a small three-wheeled taxi
Later, join your fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of San Juan la Laguna
Cruise along the lake to San Juan la Laguna and tour the island with a local guide from the Rupalaj K’istalin Association.
- Visit the village and meet the community’s artisans
- Watch textile spinning and weaving demonstrations, then try it yourself
Day 4: Transfer to Antigua
Travel back to Antigua by bus, then explore the UNESCO-recognized city with a local guide leading the way.
- Pass the Santa Catalina Arch, once used by nuns to cross the road undisturbed
- View Parque Central and admire the beautiful facade of La Merced Church, decorated with ornate ataurique plasterwork
Day 5: De La Gente coffee plantation tour
Visit a coffee plantation in Ciudad Vieja and learn about sustainable farming.
- Tour the farm and try your hand at picking coffee beans
- Visit the farmer’s home for a demonstration of sorting, roasting and grinding coffee beans
- Taste the freshly brewed coffee and bring home your own one-pound bag
Day 6: Sightseeing tour of Yaxha
Fly to Flores and tour the Yaxha archeological site with a local guide.
- Travel through Yaxha-Nakum-Naranjo National Park
- See the sun set over the magnificent Mayan ruins, pyramids and plazas
Day 7: Sightseeing tour of Tikal archaeological site
Take a sunrise tour of the city’s UNESCO-recognized ruins. Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Mayans as you explore the great plaza, pyramids and temples in the heart of the rainforest with a local guide. Then, enjoy a free afternoon in Flores or add an excursion.
Day 8: Rio Dulce & the Castillo de San Felipe de Lara
Leave early this morning to head toward Rio Dulce. Explore the Castillo de San Felipe de Lara, the Spanish colonial fort at the entrance of Lake Izabal, before joining your group for dinner.
Day 9: Belize via Rio Dulce cruise
Embark on a half-day journey by boat down the Rio Dulce, sailing toward the Caribbean Sea.
- Take a dip at a community hot spring
- Stop in Livingston, a town only accessible from the river
- Learn about local Garifuna culture
- Board a ferry to Punta Gorda, Belize
- Arrive at the Cotton Tree Lodge in time to learn about local ecology
Day 10: Cacao farm tour with local farmer
Meet Eladio Pop, a local cacao farmer, and tour his organic farmland.
- Learn about Eladio’s conservation efforts
- Taste fresh cacao fruit, sugarcane and other just-picked treats
- Eat a home-cooked lunch with Eladio and his family
- Learn the art of chocolate making from Eladio’s daughter and sample the results
Later, join your group for a farewell dinner at the Cotton Tree Lodge.
Day 11: Departure
Transfer to Belize International Airport for your flight home or extend your stay to further explore Belize.
Well-organized. Everything was great!
EVERYTHING! The tour guides were so insightful and pleasant to be with during our tours. They gave us great education on the history of the cities and made sure to give us great local recommendations on things to do and places to eat after the tours. The drivers and the boat captain were also incredibly friendly.Removed one destination from our itinerary and spent more time in each of the remaining destinations.9.2 / 102
- 07-14 days
- Group - Corporate
Enjoyable and Memorable
Our trip was absolutely amazing and definitely ‘an experience of a lifetime’. From our very first contact with this travel company, through the entire planning and booking process, and each aspect of the actual trip, the level of organization and service and professionalism exceeded our expectations.In reviewing our trip, we feel that the itinerary and pace were really well thought out and executed, so there is very little we would change.8.2 / 101
- 03-07 days
- Family & Friend
PERFECT HONEYMOON for us
Our tour guides were fantastic and made a big difference to our experience. It was a joy to use a flawless travel company. They arranged everything so we didn't have to worry about details.We were honestly so pleased with our trip that we don't think we would change anything.8.5 / 103
- 01-03 days
- Couples - Honeymooners
- Spa - Relax
- Accommodation basing on twin-sharing with daily breakfast at 3* hotels.
- Private air-conditioned transfer.
- English or French-speaking guide service.
- Sightseeing, admission fees and entrance fees as specified.
- VAT and service charge.
- All meals and beverage unspecified.
- Travel insurance.
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year,…
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund (if any)