Loire & Burgundy
On our wonderful (and slightly decadent) journey to the French heartlands, you’ll live the good life like never before. Just when it seems like it couldn’t get any better, we enter the Loire Valley and—in keeping with the region’s opulent reputation—take up residence in our own château. From our gracious home base, we’ll meander out for some gorgeous walks and explore the stupendous “getaway cottages” that bedeck the river’s banks. If you love to take your time when you travel and soak up your surroundings, this is the perfect place to be!
- Sipping fine Burgundies in the vineyards where they originate
- Wandering twisting lanes of medieval towns
- Following riverside footpaths to stunning chateaux
Days 1-3 - Dijon / Beaune
We meet in Dijon (3 nights) for a guided exploration of this historic and culinary capital of the region. The tempo in Burgundy is nice and easy as you’ll discover on a series of lovely country walks. On one of our favorites, we explore the fortified village of Chateauneuf-en-Auxois with panoramic views from the moat-side path. With our guide, we also taste the wines of the Côtes de Nuits vineyards. In the the medieval town of Beaune, you’ll have time to roam and shop on our own.
Days 4-7 - Loire / Tours
Entering the luxuriant Loire Valley and our château home for the next 3 nights, our first destination is Chenonceaux. The stately château is one of the world's most famous. We've reserved time for a visit there as well as a lovely walk along the banks of the Cher River. We'll leave time for Château de Cheverny with its remarkable furniture collection. From here, we stroll in magnificent Château Villandry's sculpted flower gardens, then rest and refuel over a farmhouse lunch.
Near Amboise, an amble through scenic countryside includes the option of visiting Le Clos Lucé, the last home of Leonardo da Vinci, which today holds many of his inventions and original drawings. On our last day we part company in Tours, just an hour from Paris by train.
Well-organized. Everything was great!
EVERYTHING! The tour guides were so insightful and pleasant to be with during our tours. They gave us great education on the history of the cities and made sure to give us great local recommendations on things to do and places to eat after the tours. The drivers and the boat captain were also incredibly friendly.Removed one destination from our itinerary and spent more time in each of the remaining destinations.9.2 / 102
- 07-14 days
- Group - Corporate
Enjoyable and Memorable
Our trip was absolutely amazing and definitely ‘an experience of a lifetime’. From our very first contact with this travel company, through the entire planning and booking process, and each aspect of the actual trip, the level of organization and service and professionalism exceeded our expectations.In reviewing our trip, we feel that the itinerary and pace were really well thought out and executed, so there is very little we would change.8.2 / 101
- 03-07 days
- Family & Friend
PERFECT HONEYMOON for us
Our tour guides were fantastic and made a big difference to our experience. It was a joy to use a flawless travel company. They arranged everything so we didn't have to worry about details.We were honestly so pleased with our trip that we don't think we would change anything.8.5 / 103
- 01-03 days
- Couples - Honeymooners
- Spa - Relax
Need help booking? Talk to us!+123-456-7890 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation basing on twin-sharing with daily breakfast at 3* hotels.
- Private air-conditioned transfer.
- English or French-speaking guide service.
- Sightseeing, admission fees and entrance fees as specified.
- VAT and service charge.
- All meals and beverage unspecified.
- Travel insurance.
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year,…
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund fee (if any)
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost + 20% air - ticket refund (if any)